[Jenkins-events] Hacktoberfest - Do we want to participate this year?
o.v.nenashev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 10:16:20 UTC 2017
Last year I was proposing to push Hacktoberfest a bit and to invite new
contributors using it. Unfortunately I did that too late, so it landed
flat. The new Hacktoberfest starts, so I propose to try again:
https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/. I should have created it before
the previous governance meeting, but better late than never.
What exactly do I propose?
- Add "hacktoberfest" labels to the key components
- Jenkins core, jenkins.io
- Plugins with many installations (I am ready to add Role Strategy
from my hall of shame)
- It's already in Remoting since the previous year (it is soooo
- Review "newbie-friendly labels", add more tickets to that
- Create a blog-post announcing Hacktoberfest on jenkins.io and
- Mark Waite has already contributed some guidelines and call for
- We could reference the existing content
- Suggest @code-reviewers as a review source
- Maybe: Send stickers to new contributors who get more than 5 pull
requests merged into the Jenkins project?
Such approach costs us almost nothing, but OTOH we could get more
contributors and to encourage the existing ones. And I am happy to drive
WDYT? If there is no votes against, I will go forward an prepare a
blog-post (ETA: Wednesday).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jenkins-events