[Jenkins-events] Jenkins in Hacktoberfest 2018?
o.v.nenashev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:07:46 UTC 2018
There will be a Hacktoberfest this year. We participated in 2017, and we
have got around 20 unique contributors. I propose the following:
- Announce the event, process is similar to 2017
- Announcement: https://jenkins.io/blog/2017/10/06/hacktoberfest/
- Introduce a better way to report changes
- Hacktoberfest requires labels
- Last year we were using a @hacktoberfest group mention, but it
requires a person to be a member of the org (Jenkins or Jenkins Infra).
Last year we ended up running GitHub queries
- I would propose to use jenkins/jenkins Gitter as a backup channel
- Invite meetup organizers to run local hackfest events
- I am planning a Swiss Jenkins Meetup
- Day of Jenkins [as code] also has a hackathon within the timeframe
- We could do something during DevOps World | Jenkins World on Oct
22. Ready to run it if somebody is interested
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jenkins-events