[Jenkins-infra] 502, 503 and 504 Errors Left and Right

jieryn jieryn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:53:34 UTC 2014


Looks like a bad mirror[1] in the list[2]..

[1] http://mirrors.esast.com/
[2] http://jenkins-ci.org/content/mirrors


On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Jeffrey Roberts <
jeffrey.l.roberts at gmail.com> wrote:

> [image: Inline image 1]
>
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Jeffrey Roberts <
> jeffrey.l.roberts at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *I have been working on installing Jenkins for the better part of the
>> evening, the main issue I am running into is 502, 503 and 504 HTTP
>> errors.... I can't add Jenkins to my vagrant provisioning scripts if the
>> downloads are going to fail =( ... I fought to integrate Jenkins into our
>> workflow, and this is, for lack of better words, making me look bad.*
>>
>> *For instance, when I tried to install the Jenkins repository key....*
>>
>> [root at vagrant-centos65 ~]# rpm --import
>> http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key
>> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 502 Bad Gateway
>> error: http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key: import read
>> failed(2).
>> [root at vagrant-centos65 ~]# rpm --import
>> http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key
>> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 504 Gateway Time-out
>> error: http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key: import read
>> failed(2).
>> [root at vagrant-centos65 ~]# rpm --import
>> http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key
>> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Unavailable
>> error: http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key: import read
>> failed(2).
>>
>> *Then on yum install -y jenkins*
>>
>> http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno 14]
>> PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 503 Service
>> Unavailable"
>> Trying other mirror.
>> http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno 14]
>> PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 503 Service
>> Unavailable"
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from jenkins: [Errno 256] No more
>> mirrors to try.
>>
>> *Then when I try to install the AdaptivePlugin ....*
>>
>> [root at vagrant-centos65 ~]# java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s
>> http://localhost:8080 install-plugin
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/AdaptivePlugin/0.1/AdaptivePlugin.hpi
>> Installing a plugin from
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/AdaptivePlugin/0.1/AdaptivePlugin.hpi
>>  java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 504 for URL:
>> http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/AdaptivePlugin/0.1/AdaptivePlugin.hpi
>>  at
>> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1403)
>>
>> [root at vagrant-centos65 ~]# java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s
>> http://localhost:8080 install-plugin
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/AdaptivePlugin/0.1/AdaptivePlugin.hpi
>> Installing a plugin from
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/AdaptivePlugin/0.1/AdaptivePlugin.hpi
>>  java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/AdaptivePlugin/0.1/AdaptivePlugin.hpi
>>  at
>> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1403)
>>
>> *Then when I tried to install the plot plugin*
>>
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to download from
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/plot/1.6/plot.hpi
>>  at
>> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:781)
>> at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1125)
>>  at
>> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$InstallationJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1285)
>> at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1103)
>>  at
>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>> at
>> hudson.remoting.AtmostOneThreadExecutor$Worker.run(AtmostOneThreadExecutor.java:104)
>>  ... 1 more
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502
>> for URL: http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/plot/1.6/plot.hpi
>>
>> *and so on ....*
>>
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503
>> for URL: http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/pmd/3.38/pmd.hpi
>>
>> *and I try again ...*
>>
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to download from
>> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/pmd/3.38/pmd.hpi
>>  at
>> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:781)
>> at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1125)
>>  at
>> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$InstallationJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1285)
>> at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1103)
>>  at
>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>> at
>> hudson.remoting.AtmostOneThreadExecutor$Worker.run(AtmostOneThreadExecutor.java:104)
>>  ... 1 more
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 504
>> for URL: http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/pmd/3.38/pmd.hpi
>>
>>
>> --
>> - Jeff
>>
>
>
>
> --
> - Jeff
>
> _______________________________________________
> Jenkins-infra mailing list
> Jenkins-infra at lists.jenkins-ci.org
> http://lists.jenkins-ci.org/mailman/listinfo/jenkins-infra
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.jenkins-ci.org/pipermail/jenkins-infra/attachments/20140217/0ee0cd69/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 5.28.24 AM.png
Type: image/png
Size: 158928 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.jenkins-ci.org/pipermail/jenkins-infra/attachments/20140217/0ee0cd69/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the Jenkins-infra mailing list