[Jenkins-infra] Confluence migration planning
kk at kohsuke.org
Mon Apr 6 06:01:21 UTC 2015
I've successfully run the confluence container on lettuce (albeit with
temporary throw-away database), so now it's time to plan for the actual
My current goal is to get this migration done in the next weekend. Here's
the step-by-step description of what I think I'm going to do. Your review
- Disable puppet run on eggplant by manually commenting out puppet run
with "crontab -e"
- Switch http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/ to maintenance by having
/etc/apache2/sites-available/wiki.jenkins-ci.org.maintenance. This blocks
traffic from getting to Confluence
- Verify from my local browser that http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/ is
showing maintenance screen
- Shutdown Confluence via kill ("/etc/init.d/confluence shutdown" never
- Take full backup of confluence DB dump & home
- Disable puppet agent on lettuce by "puppet agent --disable"
- Stop all docker container services on lettuce (wikidb, confluence, and
- Wipe out /srv/wiki/home on lettuce, rsync /srv/wiki/home from eggplant
- adjust file permissions on the lettuce's new wiki home (chown -R
- merge PR #90 <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins-infra/pull/90>
to production. This change shuts down temporary mariadb for testing, and
switch Confluence to talk to the production DB
- Re-enable puppet agent on lettuce by "puppet agent --enable"
- Manually run "puppet agent -t" on lettuce to get Confluence going
- Manually sanity check Confluence on lettuce by using browser and
looking around, making edits
- "service docker-confluence restart" on lettuce and make sure it comes
back up all right
- merge PR #91 <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins-infra/pull/91>
to make lettuce production. "puppet agent -t" manually on edamame and
spinach to speed up the propagation of DNS change
- merge PR #71 <https://github.com/jenkinsci/infra-puppet/pull/71> to
make sure eggplant won't run Confluence.
- Enable puppet run on eggplant by editing "crontab -e". run
/root/infra-puppet/run.sh immediately and manully inspect the result. In
particular, make sure confluence won't run on eggplant.
- Update datadog dashboard so that it picks up metrics from lettuce.
Any other things we can do to reduce the risk of migration?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jenkins-infra