[Jenkins-infra] Migrate JIRA from eggplant to edamame
kk at kohsuke.org
Sat Mar 28 02:24:39 UTC 2015
As the containerization of JIRA is nearing completion, I propose we use
that to move JIRA from eggplant to a container in edamame.
To recall, edamame is another VM in OSUOSL, and it has access to the JIRA
database. It was originally planned that we move Confluence off to this
computer, but I think it makes no difference which we do first.
The process will be something like:
- Prepare PR to jenkins-infra to run JIRA container in edamame, get
- rsync JIRA home directory (that contains attachments and so on) to
edamame. There's about 2.5GB of data)
- Announce the maintenance of JIRA
- Take down JIRA
- Take one more backup
- rsync JIRA home again to bring them to the same content
- Merge PR to jenkins-infra to have container running
- Change DNS so that issues.jenkins-ci.org points to edamame
Any thoughts? Objections?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jenkins-infra