[Jenkins-infra] [GSoC2016] Jenkins Usage Statistics Analysis
payal.pri94 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:00:57 UTC 2016
Hello Jenkins Infra team,
This is Payal Priyadarshini, final year undergraduate student of the Indian
Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
My proposal for GSoC 2016 is *Jenkins Usage Statistics Analysis *which
involves various analysis and studies over the usage information of the
Jenkins installations to discover trends for example plugin utilisation,
spotting downgrades. Details can be found here in the proposal[doc
Daniel Beck and Kohsuke Kawaguchi will be mentoring this project, and I
would like to thank them for their constant help and feedbacks.
This proposal mainly includes solving problems mentioned below:
- How quickly users are upgrading Jenkins and its plugins, will give us
insights of popularity and unpopularity of the releases.
- Spotting downgrades, which will warn us that something is wrong with
- Correlating what users are saying(community rating) with what users
- Finding the set of plugins which are more likely to be used together
and this study will set up the ground work for the development of plugin
- Distribution of cluster size, where clusters represents job counts,
nodes count which approximates the size of installation.
I have already started to learn about the Jenkins and infra-statistics
codebase[link <https://github.com/jenkinsci/infra-statistics>]. I
downloaded the small dataset earlier using which I tried running the
Looking forward to more feedbacks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jenkins-infra